Buyer Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a free consultation that allows you to share with us your interests such as geographical preference, type of business, industry groups, cash flow, required down payment, financing options, etc. You will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement that will allow you to search the databases of our and other cooperating brokers for up to one year. There is no obligation or cost.
We encourage a lively dialog between the business owner and the buyer. Due to issues of confidentiality however, we require that any discussions with owners, management, suppliers, etc. be done with our coordination. This process is critical to understanding the business in depth, but must be handled with delicacy.
We liken the offer process to that of buying a home. Our standard offer to purchase is pre-printed to protect the interests of the buyer and seller alike. The offer has safeguards built in to allow you to feel 100% comfortable with your acquisition prior to the purchase. Common contingencies to your offer will be:
- Inspection of financial records to your complete satisfaction.
- Obtaining financing at a term and rate that is satisfactory to you.
- Obtaining a lease that is satisfactory.
- Inspection of all the assets of the business to be acquired.
- Obtaining all licenses and permits required to operate the business.
- Discussions with key personnel to ensure that they will stay with you.
Get In Touch